Tuesday, March 29, 2016

{Each one of these|All of these|These} quizzes on Facebook cause me to feel a little nutty. I have been as guilty as the next {in regards|as it pertains|when considering} to taking quizzes like "what spice are you" or "what Disney character are you" and "what do your fingers say about you". I imagine Jesse Trump took that previous one. But today when I saw "What your toes say about your personality" it made {me personally|myself}
shake my head. {We|I actually|My spouse and i} don't need to look at my feet to know who I {was|are|have always been} and you shouldn't either. We miss out on a lot of things if we are looking down at our {feet|foot|toes and fingers}. Look up, look {ahead|forwards|frontward}, look deep inside you and know who you are, don't rely on some silly quiz from Facebook. Know who you are and be {okay|fine|good} with the fact that who you are is always changing. If you had asked me who I was before Albany and who I was now, {I might|We would|I would personally} have to tell you, {they may be|they can be|they are really} two different people. The {foundation|bottom|basic}, the core "me" is the same, but {We|I actually|My spouse and i} have these little {characteristics|qualities|attributes} that come out when bad things happen, and I try not to let them replace the core me, but {it is far from|it is not necessarily|not necessarily} {a simple|a fairly easy} job. The Albany experience has left {me personally|myself} bitter and angry. {Since|Mainly because} I am {a company|an organization} believer in Karma, {We are|I actually is|My spouse and i is} trying really hard not to wish ill-will on that project, but it takes a mindful effort every morning. {Therefore|Thus|And so} who am i not? A mom. Truth be told I never {desired|needed|wished} to be {a mother|a mommy} and both my {hens were|birds were} mistakes, but now 25 years later, {We|I actually|My spouse and i} couldn't image life without them. They were the reason I didn't live on {a continuous|a regular|a frequent} diet of Vodka after my {divorce cases|cases of divorce|separations} and the reason {We|I actually|My spouse and i} dragged myself out of bed every day. {They will are|That they are}, by far, {the great thing|a good thing|the good thing} I've done in my life, and somehow they have turned into a pair of the most amazing people I know. A wife. If you know me, you know this is my {3rd|3 rd} marriage. My first {relationship|marital life|matrimony} lasted seven years and my second marriage {survived|held up} nine months; I {avoid|may|no longer} usually fess up to my second marriage because it was so brief, but it happened. {Yet|Nevertheless|Although} this {3rd|3 rd} marriage is, unquestionably, my best {relationship|marital life|matrimony} and my best {romantic relationship|marriage|romance}. I learned {a great deal|a whole lot} from my past and am happy to {record|survey|article} that we {are getting|intend|ready} on 13 years together. {Presently there|Right now there|Generally there} have been plenty of times {in which the|where|the place that the} old Gina would have cut her losses and ran, but I didn't, and our relationship is stronger. {A buddy|A pal|An associate}. I don't have many {good friends|buddies|pals}, but the few that I do have mean the world {in my experience|in my opinion|to my opinion}. A few are from {senior high school|high school graduation|secondary school} and others {I have|We have|We've} made {on the way|as you go along|in the process}. They are scattered all around the country, but if any one of them needed me, I would be there without asking why. If we become friends, I consider you {my buddy|my pal|my good friend} forever. I Am {Aged|Good old|Ancient}. As I was {searching for a|buying|buying a} watch strip I {missing|dropped|mislaid}, I came across my 1997 PA drivers {permit|certificate}. I'm not sure exactly why {I had formed|I had developed|I had fashioned} that and why I could not find a watch {music group|strap|group} {I had formed|I had developed|I had fashioned} just last week is beyond me. {Yet|Nevertheless|Although} staring back at {me personally was|myself was} a 30-year-old {me personally|myself} and at that {instant|second|minute}, I felt every {solitary|one|sole} year of the {55|40|60} years I've lived. {We|I actually|My spouse and i} took {one minute|a moment|a few minutes} and looked at myself in the bathroom mirror. I {pondered|considered|thought about} who that old {female was|girl was} staring back at me. She was, {initially|the first time} unrecognizable and for the first time {within my|inside my|during my} {55|40|60} years I felt as old as that {female|girl} looked. You close your eyes, and you are 30, and then you open them and your 50, it {passes|passes by} that quickly and today {Now i'm|I am just|Now i am} having a hard time adjusting. But {the majority of|nearly all of|almost all of} all, I Am Happy. With all the twist and turns of the previous 50 years, it has been more ups than downs. I've loved and lost and loved again. I got to be a mom to two kids I never {recognized|noticed|understood} I wanted or needed. I got to {develop|increase|expand} as a human and become an amazing {better half|partner} and a good friend. A lot more good, and that is enough.