{By the time|When} puberty hit, I {realized that|noticed that} the world belonged to men {and that|which|and this} I was merely {a bit|a little|a lttle bit|somewhat} player in a centuries-old patriarchal {drama|episode|theatre}. Everywhere,
which to a 12-year-old meant the media---TV, books, film---men were taking charge and taking action living breathless lives of intrigue and adventure as secret agents, cops, vigilantes and professional athletes. {A few|A couple of|Some} women were too, {but in|however in|in} these early years of the feminist movement they were conspicuously in the background, weak hanger's on whose very womanhood made them the preferred {targets|focuses on|goals} of bad guys and the damsels the {male|natural male|individual} heroes were obliged to rescue from distress. {These|These types of|These kinds of} chicks disgusted me. Same sex though {we were|i was}, {I|We|I actually} just couldn't relate to them. Instead, I idolized {the guys|the people} and it was easy to pretend {I was|We were|I actually was} one of the boys {until the|before the} intrusion of my menses. At the first show of {blood|bloodstream|blood vessels}, I understand what it truly {meant to be|intended to be} female: the cruel curtailment of my physical freedom; permanence {rather|somewhat|alternatively} than transcendence; being shackled to all the {boring|humdrum|drab}, tedious and distasteful {duties|responsibilities|tasks} of woman's work never done.
Even now, as I've settled into {and or|as well as} my female role, {I|We|I actually} struggle with the {penis|male organ|penile} envy that characterized my early adolescence, living vicariously through {the male|you} heroes of film, literature and {occasionally|sometimes|from time to time} real life. There's {not much|very little|little} of a choice for a lifelong pop culture aficionada. White males run the media and {consequently|as a result|therefore} the heroes portrayed {throughout|through|during} represent the white {male|man|men} point of view {and all|and everything|and} its accompanying fantasies and desires. Thankfully, over the decades, the stories being disseminated throughout the {pop|take|put} culture landscape have {begun|started|commenced} {to change|to improve|to alter}. Women have {started|began|started out} sharing their stories and winning more exciting {roles|functions|tasks}, {but not|however, not|although not} many and fewer still for women of color.
As an {adolescent|young|teenagers} steeped in media created {primarily|mainly|mostly|generally} by {and for|as well as for|and then for} men, I {identified|recognized|determined|discovered} strongly with the males. I ogled the girls with them, I cheered at their sporting events, and {I|We|I actually} empathized {with their|using their|with the} revilement of feminine idiosyncrasies and their plaintive questioning of what the hell did women want? Good question. {At|In|For} least some of {us|all of us} wish {we could|we're able to} be men, if only when the line to the girls' room gets too long.
What would it be like to openly and freely indulge your {sexual|sex|lovemaking} appetite without worrying about your reputation, being {slut|whore} shamed, or having to endure the dreaded {pregnancy|being pregnant|pregnant state} scare?
How {would it|would it not|wouldn't it} feel to be able to grow old with {dignity|pride|self-esteem}? To experience the {whole|entire|complete} process before everyone's {eyes|eye|sight} letting your hair {turn|change|switch} a dignified silver and letting the wrinkles (admired as character lines on men) accumulate, mapping the road of your experience? So many women are pushed out of {prominent|dominant|visible} media roles once they reach a certain {age|age group|era}, and replaced by {younger|more youthful|young} eye candy in an attempt one has to presume, to appeal to a male audience.
{How wonderful|The greatness of} might it be to still be considered as attractive to {the opposite|the contrary|the alternative} {sex|love-making|making love}, if not more so, {than you were|you were} as a nubile youth? Wouldn't it be grand to be {appreciated|valued|treasured} for your mind and accomplishments rather than simply your outer self? {These are|These types of are|These kinds of are} the gifts of men in {a world|a global|a new} {dominated|centered|focused} by them, {a world|a global|a new} in which {no matter what|regardless of what|whatever} social {victories|wins} women may achieve biology dictates that we {remain|stay|continue to be} man's trusty sidekick, his co-star, the Robin to his Batman. I think Freud had it {half|about half|more than half} right. {It isn't|It’s not|It's} the {penis|male organ|penile} us girls envy, but the freedoms that come with having one.
Home
»
»Unlabelled
» funny clip girl 2016
Thursday, March 31, 2016
